Promoting Invention for the Future
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and Lemelson Foundation Invention Ambassadorship program promotes innovation in the sciences by awarding early-career inventors. Acting on a desire to highlight innovators from minority communities, the AAAS commissioned ReAgency to bring attention to the achievements of Puerto Rican Neurosurgeon Dr. Luis Almodovar (one of the 2017-2018 awardees); specifically his invention of an ambidextrous automated suturing device that could be used with equal skill by both right-handed and left-handed surgeons.
ReAgency developed a media-placement strategy, which focused on engineering challenges following Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico, and the role of inventors in the reconstruction effort. Articles were successfully placed in English and Spanish Puerto Rican press, including The San Juan Daily Star, El Expresso and and Caribbean News Now.
AAAS and LEMELSON FOUNDATION’S INVENTION AMBASSADORSHIP
- Princeton Fusion RocketElla Barnett2019-03-08T05:17:52+00:00
- AVXElla Barnett2019-03-13T05:43:49+00:00
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)Ella Barnett2018-11-16T20:14:53+00:00
- New York Academy of ScienceElla Barnett2018-07-11T15:23:12+00:00
- Smithsonian InstituteElla Barnett2018-07-05T20:59:41+00:00