Bringing Science to Politics
ScienceDebate, at the time of the 2016 presidential election, was faced with the obstacle of bringing science to the forefront of political discussion. They faced the specific challenge of communicating complex science issues – such as Climate Change, public health, and cybersecurity – to the wider voting public.
In collaboration with The Young Turks, the Union of Concerned Scientists, and the Science Education Policy Association, ReAgency launched the ‘More Scientific Union’ campaign, featuring influencers from pop culture alongside scientists such as Nobel Laureate Dr. Harold Varmus, and AAAS CEO Rush Holt. The event was hosted by Google, in front of a live audience of more than 80 influencers and members of the Press.
The event and video stream was successfully reported on by The New York Times, Scientific American, and platforms including Research America.
- Princeton Fusion RocketElla Barnett2019-03-08T05:17:52+00:00
- AVXElla Barnett2019-03-13T05:43:49+00:00
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)Ella Barnett2018-11-16T20:14:53+00:00
- New York Academy of ScienceElla Barnett2018-07-11T15:23:12+00:00
- Smithsonian InstituteElla Barnett2018-07-05T20:59:41+00:00